You are invited to attend our online public consultation events. These are live online events which residents can join, meet members of the EDF R team, hear about the project, and ask questions.We are holding the same session, twice, at:6.30pm, Thursday 26th November 2020 6.30pm, Thursday 3rd December 2020Register by selecting the date you would like to attend below. You will then receive an email with details on how to join. If you need help to register please contact us on 01508 500346 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to register for the event on 26th November 6.30pmClick here to register for the event on 3rd December 6.30pm
Welcome to Bloy's Grove Solar Farm
EDF Renewables is proposing to install a solar farm at Bloy's Grove between Swainsthorpe and Mulbarton. We are consulting the community on these proposals before submitting a planning application to South Norfolk District Council.
Our initial feasibility assessments indicate the site is well suited for a solar farm. The site will connect into National Grid’s Norwich substation without the need for overhead cables and will have an output power capacity of 49.9 MW (Megawatts), generating enough low carbon energy to power the equivalent of 14,100 1 homes.
Under normal circumstances we would host public information events on the project in the local community, but we’ve decided not to do that at this time because of the possible risk to public health.
Instead, we are conducting community engagement online, through the post, over the telephone, and through virtual meetings. Our consultation closes on 11th January 2021, so please be sure to send your views by this deadline.
You’ll find lots of information on this website and we invite you to:
• Read the information panels and the leaflet we sent to residents living close by
• View the maps and layout concept plan
• Complete the online feedback form
• Join us for one of the live interactive Virtual Village Hall events (register online)
• Contact us for more information www.edf-re.uk/our-sites/bloys-grove 01508 500346 email@example.com Based on PVSYST production estimate and consumption per South-Norfolk household (Sub-National Electricity Consumption Statistics, DBEIS, 2018).
Numbers presented to three significant figures